Lemon meringue pie wouldn’t taste any better than this olive oil cocktail from Bowen Close, which has a gorgeous, silky mouthfeel due to the Instafoam. Here is our version.
- 2 oz. gin
- ½ oz. orange liqueur (preferably something like Citronge or Cointreau – if using triple sec or something equally as sweet, reduce simple syrup to ¼ oz.)
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract or paste
- ½ oz. simple syrup
- 2 drops InstaFoam
- ½ oz. olive oil
- Combine gin, orange liqueur, lemon juice, vanilla, and simple syrup in a measuring cup or glass. Set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice, add Instafoam and olive oil. Shake heartily until fully emulsified, which only takes a few shakes. Add the rest of the ingredients and shake until combined, about 10 seconds or so.
- Strain into a champagne flute or rocks glass and serve.
Adapted from Marvel Bar in Minneapolis, MN.