Lime margaritas are a great summer treat. Just ask Maggie Hoffman from Serious Eats who created this recipe. However, with Instafoam there is no need to prechill your mix overnight in the freezer. InstaFoam will lower the freezing temperature and keep the ice crystal tiny and tight. Just follow our adaptation and you can be sitting back, sipping a delicious drink in no time.
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) silver tequila (100% agave)
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) high quality Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 2 1/2 ounces (5 tablespoons) juice from 4 to 5 limes
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) simple syrup
- 4 drops InstaFoam
- 12 ounces ice (about 3 cups)
Combine tequila, triple sec, lime juice, simple syrup and InstaFoam in a blender or use a stick wand blender. Place in your ice cream maker for a standard run time.
When ready to serve, add ice and tequila mixture to blender. Blend on highest setting, pulsing and scraping down sides as necessary until completely smooth. Serve immediately.